a long, scribbly comic about skateboarding: everything i wish i’d known when I started skating 2 years ago.
ne confondez pas avec le chérubin galant de Beaumarchais le formidable chérubin d'Ezéchiel.
I’m sorry Erin, I know how you feel about mac n cheese XD
there is more white cheddar sauce in my veins than blood
The day they invent cheddar-free mac n cheese is the day i will gladly eat it.
HEY DUDE I should teach you my AMAZING MICROWAVE MAC AND CHEESE which I actually JUST made fun facts! You can make it with any cheese you so desire like right now I made it with mozzarella (MOZART EST LÀ) string cheese and it still is amazing!
OFFICIALLY BACK FROM THE ACADEMIC ROAD TRIP
(I actually got back like two hours ago but I was catching up with tumblr that whole time)
I am incredibly exhausted BUT IT WAS SO MUCH FUN there was much bonding with the profboss and he made the papyrologist and the museum archivist show me all their collections so I got to go to special fancy temperature-controlled vaults and look at old stuff and we went for fancy sandwiches for lunch and it was actually a great awesome time
the problem is that I defrosted chicken already for dinner but now I am just really tired and I want to make mac and cheese rather than dealing with that chicken….
Are you tackling a writing project that isn’t a brand-spanking new novel during Camp NaNoWriMo? Good news! We’re compiling lists of everything we know about nonfiction, editing, and scripts. We revisit editing while it’s fresh in our minds from the “Now What?” Months below:
You get to the part of the novel where you think to yourself, “what now? How can I make it even better?” Well, that’s a sign for the best part to happen—the editing and revision process! Here are resources that can help you edit those inconsistent story lines and cut out those awkward scenes.
The Joys of Editing
- Why Editing Matters… Even If You Never Share Your Novel
- Time to Revise, But How Will I Know If I’m Making It Better, Not Worse?
- On Rewriting & Growing Up
- Revision & Slipping Back Into Your World
- Deductive Editing: Revising Like a Master Detective
The Steps to Editing and Revision
- A 7-Step Guide to Big Picture Revision (With Bonus Checklists!)
- Revising Your Novel: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- The Big Bad Guide to Novel Revision
- Beginning the Awesome Journey of Revision
- Four Types of Book Editing
- On Building Better Stories and Perseverance
- Reveling with Your Inner Editor on the Revision Playground
- In Your Words: Revision Advice from Young Writers
- Why You Should Throw a Wrench In Your Editing Routine
Keep These In Mind When You Edit
- The 6 Commandments of Starting the Editing Process
- Tips from Revisionland
- Be Kind to Yourself While You Edit
- 3 Ways to Let Your Writing Fly
- What Should You Keep In Mind Before You Begin The Revision Process?
- What to Keep When Editing Requires a Reset
- Revision and Reading Aloud
As long as you have these resources, you’re well on your way to building an awesome book.
in what universe is leaving the sink coated with your shaving cream and shaved-off stubble an acceptable practice
This picture, taken at a presentation by the Electronic Frontier Foundation, has gone viral on Twitter in the wake of emergency legislation being pushed through parliament.
Metadata is often dismissed by politicians because it doesn’t include the content of a phone call or email, only basic details such as when the conversation took place and who it involved. But this picture demonstrates why it is important.
It comes as the government rushes through an emergency bill to force mobile phone companies and internet providers to record the metadata of citizens’ communications.
The draft legislation was introduced yesterday with cross-party support and MPs are expected to pass the bill on Tuesday.
so excited for my road trip tomorrow (I know it’s only two hours but seeing as we’re going to another state it totally counts as a road trip)
I’m making snacks and everything!
but one question remains:
what do I wear to meet with papyrologists